CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teenage angst

As I've been packing up my belongings preparing for the first of two moves in less than 6 months, I found some really old journals that I kept in high school. I was fascinating by three main things as I poured through them...

1. That I clearly couldn't remain focused on one journal as none of them were even filled halfway

2. I must have thought I was good at writing poetry...because there was a lot of it in there...and it was all TERRIBLE!! and...

3. What the hell?! Was I really that depressing in high school?!

I know that high school wasn't the greatest time of my life, but I don't remember being as unhappy as I made it appear in those journals. As a "getting closer to real" psychologist, I would've probably given myself some inappropriate diagnosis if that's all I knew. Clearly I only used those journals during moments of teenage angst...why couldn't I have filled them with more uplifting and great memories?! Those are the ones I want to have written down when I'm old, gray, and can't remember shit! I guess I'll have to make a point of doing that from now on.

Oh...and maybe I should create a new diagnostic category for teenagers..."Get over yourselfitis"

1 comments:

bodaat said...

oh my gosh, i wish i had mine!! :) mine could get pretty negaive too. i don't know what that's about...just teenagerism I guess.